A few weeks ago, I had the great honor to chat with Matt Cicoria on The Behavioral Observations Podcast, stimulating talk for today’s behavioral analysist. We had such a great conversation, and I can’t wait for you to listen to it too!
In the world of Behavior Analysis, Rose Griffin is a unicorn of sorts, which is the unofficial mascot of those select few who hold both Speech Language Pathologist and Board Certified Behavior Analyst credentials.
For 20 years, Rose supported students in public school settings, but these days, she is concentrating on taking all the knowledge she’s acquired and sharing it in the form of podcasts, online trainings and courses, and much more.
In this interview, Rose and I discuss how she got into speech therapy and then behavior analysis, the challenges and benefits of collaboration, the subtleties of joint attention that many behavior analysts miss in our training programs, her awesome podcast, the Autism Outreach Podcast, and advice for newly-minted BCBAs.
Rose and I also spend a few minutes nerding out over our mutual podcasting hero, Pat Flynn.
Here are the links to the things we discussed:
- Rose’s website.
- The Autism Outreach Podcast.
- Free Joint Attention Training for Parents and Staff.
- Rose’s solo show on Joint Attention.
- Rose’s interview with Jared Stewart.
- Language Development: An Introduction, by Robert Owens (note: Amazon Associates link).
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
- Univ. of New Hampshire Cooperative Extension child development newsletter.
- Rose’s Advanced Language Learner Course.
- Pat Friman’s Public Speaking Tutorial (also available as a CEU).
- Rose on Pat Flynn’s podcast.
- ABA Speech on TikTok.
- The Verbal Behavior Conference/Central Texas Autism Center.
Rose was kind enough to provide listeners with a 30% discount on her courses through December 1st, 2022. These courses include: The Advanced Language Learner, Help Me Find My Voice, and Start Communicating Today. Just use the promo code, aba30, at checkout, and you’ll be good to go.